View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aruhys
Grand Marshal

re: Templar Build Issues

Yea, as nice as the heals is for lingering ritual, its cast time and morphs just don't cut it, at least for me.  I've found that ESO tends to be filled with damage spike moments, and the groups life is often decided on aoe and instant heals.  HoTs just aren't cut out for this game, as of yet.  I think the only decent one is probably mutagen, and that is because it becomes in instant heal when necessary. I think the better combination towards end game is likely aoe heals + damage mitigation + instant heals.  AoE heals are very efficient with templars specifically because we have extended ritual, which through our passives boosts our healing by 30%!  Combine that with a near constant combat prayer, and you are healing ridiculous amounts while also mitigating damage and increasing the group's damage. Anyways, thats just food for thought.  I have run this build in trials and DSA and can say it has worked very well for me.  However, that doesn't mean its the only possible build out there.

Just Peaches
Recruit

I should caveat that during the more difficult encounters, especially most boss fights in vet dungeons, I'm unable to get into my lingering ritual rotation and end up cycling extended ritual/springs more than anything else. I've yet to heal trials or dsa but I do have a feeling I might get further and further away from lingering as the content progresses. It is gangbusters in PvP though, hits for around 3200 heal per cast or more.

Just Peaches
Recruit

re: Temp Build

http://tinyurl.com/oh922gk

Here's my healing setup. It centers mostly around setting up enough hots to protect the group, and then spamming lingering ritual until the sun comes up. Although it is risky with the cast time, the amount it heals and the low cost make it the cornerstone of most of my encounters. I chose radiant aura over repentance because I find that almost all templars run repentance and it doesn't do any good to have more than one person in party with it. I use turn undead as a stamina dump for CC more than the armor buff, and it is often replaced by siphon spirit on my bar. I will also switch out turn undead or lingering ritual for spell symmetry during encounters that put a strain on my magicka. Overall this build has allowed me heal most of the vet dungeons at VR5, except for dkshade and COH. I will post my character stat page this evening, but aside from spell crit/power most of my attributes are where they need to be. Any critiques comments or concerns are greatly appreciated, even if they're negative!

Aruhys
Grand Marshal

Yea, so I recently switched to seducer and warlock and I'am liking it a lot more.  My crit is also now at 50%, which is decent.  Anyways, here is the link to my build, I left crafting skills out.

http://tinyurl.com/pmqo5nt

GloriousLeader
Grand Chancellor

Peaches! Could you post a screenie of your character stat page? I'm curious for when I get my templar up, and Greyne can compare his

Just Peaches
Recruit

I've been using seducer/warlock with my templar, and it's been really effective. I hear you about the spell power/crit though. Compared to other classes I find myself stacking into reduction/sustain as much as I can with templar, and that leaves me with far less crit and power. If you're just healing though, the templar passives boost the power of your temp heals pretty nicely, and you can always boost weapon power with flawless dawnbreaker for your resto-staff heals. Forrea thoughl you should link your build from esohead on here! I'll link mine when I get home from work.

Pharoza
Recruit

Even try Twighlights Embrace gives u crit% - Spellpower and When you are healed u gain a 10% increase in healing done!

ii_david1
Recruit

I have 5 pieces Seducer set ( 8% less spell cost ) and 5 pieces healer. 

I very rarely run out of manna with this combo.

Eyes of Mara could be very useful if you use Restoration Staff spells - 12% cost reduction.

GloriousLeader
Grand Chancellor

Should add a build showing your skills!

Aruhys
Grand Marshal

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently working on my Templar healing build and I was kind of wondering what other templars were doing gear wise. I'm currently running the following:

5-piece healer set: head, chest, legs, feet, shoulders (all magicka enchants)

5-piece warlock set: rings (spell power and magic recovery), neck (spell power), gloves (magicka), belt (magicka)

Resto-staff for both bars with absorb magic enchants and precise trait

This build has worked decently so far, but I notice that I'm usually low on spell power and crit, so I'm thinking of scrapping one or both of the sets.  Let me know what you guys think!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vanquishers Forum Index -> Templar All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: